Career Opportunities at Central Minnesota Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity can offer a fulfilling career. We’re committed to transforming lives through affordable homeownership in Central Minnesota.
Check out our job opportunities below.
Construction Volunteer Coordinator
Construction Volunteer Coordinator Job Description
Central Minnesota Habitat for Humanity is looking for a Construction Volunteer Coordinator. The role of this 25 hour per week position (with the possibility it will grow into full time) is to secure the proper number of volunteers for each home project as needed. This includes timely and enthusiastic recruitment, scheduling, coordination, appreciation, and retention of volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage the online sign-up system, Volunteer UP!
• Be in regular correspondence with the Construction Manager and Site Supervisors to be informed with current needs.
• Recruit volunteers to be at construction sites when the Construction Manager needs them
• Inform volunteers if a day has been canceled.
• See to the recording of all volunteer hours in Raiser’s Edge, including sweat equity hours by our clients.
• In coordination with the faith relations and donor relations staff, recruit for volunteers in anticipation of new opportunities opening and/or as other needs arise.
• Respond to volunteer inquiries in a timely manner.
• Attend regular staff meetings and be prepared with activity reports/updates.
• Attend recruitment or networking fairs at various businesses, organizations and schools.
• Update and manage the volunteer section of the website.
• Plan and/or organize a task force for the annual Volunteer Recognition Ceremony.
• Manage and supervise any interns assigned to program area.
• Attend SCAVC (St. Cloud Area Volunteer Coordinators) meetings, appropriate trainings, and Habitat for Humanity conferences.
• Other related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Extreme attention to detail and organization in work habits.
• Understands, and is enthusiastic about, the mission and vision of Habitat for Humanity.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
• Comfortable and pleasant phone presence.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Good comfort level in presenting mission and opportunities to potential volunteer audiences
• Experience in event planning and managing people.
• Experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus.
• Familiarity with, or knowledge of, home construction a plus
Training and Supervision
Training will be done by a CMHFH staff members, as assigned, and supervision provided by the Executive Director.
Email resume and salary requirements to: Marie Gertken, Administrative Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.