Volunteer as a Business or Organization
Step 1: Find the Volunteer Opportunity that is Right for Your Group
Volunteering with CMHFH is a great way to build relationships and team morale in your group, church, business, or organization. We welcome groups on the construction site, at the ReStore, on deconstruction projects, and for special projects.
At the ReStore
The warehouse is an integral aspect of the ReStore. All products sold in the ReStore go through the warehouse before hitting the sales floor. The Warehouse Associate goes through the systematic process of receiving donations, doing minor clean up and repairs to prepare the product for the sales floor, and stocking the sales floor with the final product.
- 4-8 hour shifts
- 2-3 people per shift
- We can possibly accommodate larger groups based on available projects
If you would like to regularly send volunteers we can reserve a weekly/monthly day and time for your group
On Construction Sites
Central Minnesota Habitat for Humanity uses volunteer labor to build homes with low-income families. Construction Volunteers participate in the building of homes at most stages of construction. Federal regulations prohibit children under the age of 14 to be on site. For children ages 14-15, they are not allowed on site during construction but can engage in limited activities such as clean-up, landscaping, or painting. For children ages 16-17, they can be on site during construction, but cannot use power tools, cannot be on ladders, and cannot do demolition. All volunteers under the age of 18 must have an adult supervisor at the ratio of 2-3 students per adult.
- 4-8 hour Shifts
- Up to 4 people per shift
- If you are with a church group please consider volunteering with Apostles Build or Thrivent Builds
- If you are with a business or other organization please considering volunteering with Women Build
Deconstruction opportunities come up throughout the year. For these projects, Habitat takes volunteers to a home or business where we are allowed to take out (“deconstruct”) good items and salvage them so that they can be sold in the ReStore. The proceeds go to Central MN Habitat for Humanity.
- Groups of up to 20
- Opportunities arise quickly so often we can give notice between 1 day and 1 week in advance.
We understand this might make it difficult for you to gather the troops in such short notice, that’s okay! We can keep you on our call list for the next project.
In the past groups have helped by:
- Delivering ReStore flyers
- Organizing fundraisers
- We are always looking for more ways to better serve our families. If you have an idea of how your group might get involved please let us know!
* We prefer not to have groups larger than twenty people. This is first and foremost for reasons of safety. Secondly, it is important to us that your group gets the most out of their volunteer experience as possible. With smaller group sizes we can maximize your time with us by keeping everyone engaged, safe, and comfortable.
Step 2: Fill out the Group Volunteer Form Online
Fill out our online Group Volunteer Form. After you submit this form our volunteer coordinator will contact you about opportunities that might fit your needs.
Step 3: Print and Fill out Volunteer Waivers
Our volunteers must sign a volunteer waiver every year. Please have your group members review our volunteer waiver, print and sign it. You can either send waivers to the CMHFH office prior to volunteering or bring them with on your first volunteer day.
Step 4: Volunteer!
On a construction site, at the ReStore, or on a Deconstruction project, we know your group will have a blast volunteering with us. As the adage goes, “Many hands make light work,” and we are so grateful your group has decided to put their hands to work with CMHFH. It is only through dedicated groups like yours that together we can change the lives of local families by helping them to purchase their very own home. Thank you!!!